As a Senior Content Strategist on the Shopper design team, you will help shape the brand and product experience for shoppers by crafting straightforward, human, and clear UX/UI copy. From ideation through implementation, you'll partner with Instacart designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers to plan and create the content for Instacart products, continually improve the content, and evolve Instacart's voice and content standards to align with our business strategy.
The perfect candidate has a versatile skill set that helps them plan and write content for web/mobile interfaces—including interaction flows, product orientations, feature names, navigational nomenclature, notifications, error messages, and more. You should be equally adept at high-level strategy and hands-on writing and have a thorough understanding of design thinking and user experience.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content including interface language, product orientations, product nomenclature, navigational text and other content throughout Instacart experiences
- Establish and maintain content standards with consistency while evolving the Instacart voice
- Collaborate with visual designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and marketers to serve a broad audience
- Create compelling long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally
- Share your work and give feedback to teammates
- Promote content strategy at Instacart in the broader community of design and content professionals
- 5+ years of experience working with content for web or mobile experiences
- The ability to convey complexity simply
- An understanding of information architecture, effective hierarchies, and the interplay between visual design and language
- An extremely high attention to detail and organization
- Passion for your work and for helping the backbone of Instacart, our shoppers
- Outstanding collaboration skills with the desire, passion, and patience to work cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- The ability to remain calm and focused when handling multiple projects; meets deadlines with ease and accuracy
- Comfort and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
Please include a portfolio or link to work that showcases a range of experiences from interfaces, microcopy, orientations, emails, notifications, launch materials, or style guides.
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart shoppers offer same-day delivery and pickup services to bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America, and are available to more than 85% of U.S. households and 70% of Canadian households. Instacart's cutting-edge enterprise technology also powers the e-commerce platforms of some of the world's biggest retail players, supporting their white-label websites, applications, and delivery solutions.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.