As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will draw on your customer-facing skills, relationship building abilities, and technical acumen to help our retailers successfully navigate the platform. Through ownership of a dedicated number of retailer accounts, you effectively support and lead all technical conversations. This role is for a highly motivated and self-directed individual seeking an impactful role aimed at changing the way consumers shop for groceries via a cutting-edge ecommerce retail platform, and to work with some of the largest grocery retailers in the world on solving large scale business problems. This responsibility includes developing a strong partnership across Engineering, Product, and Business Development.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a member of the Technical Delivery team, you will regularly engage with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups. Internally, you will be collaborating with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams, but also engaging with engineers and Product Managers on a day-to-day basis in our Toronto office.
- Lead weekly status calls with retailer(s) to drive discussion and resolution on support issues ranging in severity and environment (Production & Non-Production).
- Triage and drive resolution on incoming retailer support tickets via Jira Service Desk while managing preset business priorities and adhering to SLAs. Own the follow-up on action items and leverage all issues and incidents as opportunities to identify improvement areas and to grow and mature our processes and teams.
- Be a forward thinker and eager to contribute to changes at Instacart.
- Keep up to date on Instacart's products, i.e. new product features, restrictions and limitations, best practices as well as technical details. Be the customer's first point of contact for all product questions.
- Meticulously document new ideas, lessons learned, and customer-specific knowledge in our internal knowledge base.
- You will be working alongside the following teams: Business Development, Technical Project Management, and Solutions Delivery. The TAM role reports into the Instacart Engineering Organization and is a fundamental component of account management under the Technical Delivery team.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience with 2+ years of experience working as a technical or product specialist supporting enterprise solutions.
- Deep knowledge of the logistics of SaaS application development, distributed systems, and release/version management.
- Intermediate SQL skills are required to succeed in this role.
- You have some working conceptual knowledge of HTTP REST APIs.
- Working knowledge of the Linux command line and Git.
- You have incident management experience for critical issues impacting a production environment.
- You have initiated and driven significant process improvements in the past, leading to better customer outcomes.
- You are independent and thrive in a self-motivated fast-paced, often ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment. You have a strong bias for action and the ability to juggle multiple priorities. You can create a sense of urgency for day-to-day priorities requiring immediate attention.
- You approach troubleshooting strategically and are tenacious when called for.
- You excel at learning new software quickly and often have an intuitive knowledge about how product features work.
- You possess the ability to quickly understand and translate complex product and technical concepts to non-technical and executive audiences through your developed skill set of interfacing with external stakeholders.
- You deal well with interruptions and enjoy being consulted for your expertise.
- You have the ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Bonus points if you can read and understand software written in Python or Ruby
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.