As Instacart experiences high growth, having an in-depth understanding of our user base (includes Customers, Personal Shoppers, and Retail Partners) is critical, and the demand for these insights is unmet. This is an exciting time to be an Insights Researcher at Instacart!
To help meet this demand, Instacart is seeking an experienced Market and Insights Researcher for a 6-month contract (with the potential to extend or convert) to support the Senior Researcher, Insights. This role will require 40 hours per week, and it can start immediately.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Execute quantitative research using internal tools to support the Product, Marketing and Business Development organizations. This will require some survey development, programming and dissemination. Basic knowledge of SQL to pull customer lists is a plus, but not required.
- Process and analyze survey data for tracking studies. This will require proficiency with data analysis tools in creating cross-tabs and data banners (e.g., Q, SPSS or SAS). It will also require a strong analytic mind and ability to make sense of structured data.
- Update or create research reports and presentations that translate research findings into actionable insights. This will require not only the ability to identify meaningful insights, but also the ability to articulate them in a research presentation.
- Help design, implement and execute new product tracking and sentiment research programs.
- Help create guidelines and document best practices for research processes, such as usage of research tools and methodological how-to’s.
- Support the Senior Researcher in ad hoc research tasks and projects as they arise.
- Potential to assist in qualitative research projects, including screener and discussion guide development.
- 5+ years of quantitative primary research experience on client or supplier side, and some knowledge of qualitative research
- Experience independently executing full-cycle research from survey design, programming, data processing and analysis & reporting
- Experience working with product, marketing and design teams and directing agencies/vendors (as needed) to deliver results
- The ability to scope out and recommend appropriate research methodologies based on stakeholder objectives
- Familiarity with G-suite productivity tools (Docs, Slides), as well as Slack and Asana
- Experience designing compelling presentations and effectively communicating results with stakeholders of all levels
- Experience with positioning, message development and optimization, value proposition development and communications checks a plus, but not required
- Instacart is located in San Francisco, CA in the Financial District. This is an on-site role, although there may be flexibility to work from home periodically depending on project/stage.
- You’ll be provided with a Mac computer (analytics software is run on Mac using Parallels)
- Instacart serves all employees and contractors lunch and dinner during the week.
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.