Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 100 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered more than $1B in grocery products.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
A Product Leader at Instacart has a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth. They are ultimately responsible for owning the product and leading a cross-functional team to take ideas and iteratively, bring them to life. We’d like you to have a customer-first mindset and demonstrate experience in delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research.
ABOUT THE JOB
Instacart maintains the largest catalog of grocery products in the country. By working with over 300 retail and CPG partners, the team maintains accurate pricing, availability and factual information for millions of products on shelves across the U.S and Canada.
As a Group Product Manager for the Catalog team, you will develop long team development and business technology strategies and will lead a cross-functional team to continuously improve Instacart's catalog of products as well as the tools and infrastructure used to increase the quality of the catalog.
You will do so by working with our Engineering, Data Science, Catalog Analysts and Data Analyst teams to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps, strategic plans, and individual projects/features in the relevant product area.
You will own projects from inception to conclusion, formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, coordinate the delivery of high-quality solutions, and drive adoption.
- A minimum of 4+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience leading teams working on online catalogs, warehousing or inventory related products for an e-commerce company is a plus.
- Experience with gathering, and standardizing data needed for e-commerce catalog development through both algorithmic means and scaled semi-manual techniques such as crowdsourcing, image processing, and optical character recognition (OCR) is a plus.
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Appreciation and understanding of consumer psychology and its impact on new product adoption
- Deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Ability to develop strong roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.
Founded in 2012, Instacart is the leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.