Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. Groceries are a vital part of our lives, but shopping for them hasn’t fundamentally changed since the first supermarket opened 100 years ago.
Food is sustenance, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The customer foundation teams are responsible for the relationship between the customer and Instacart. We help customers find the right retailer for their shopping needs, personalize their Instacart experience, manage their identity, and get help when they need it. We already help millions of households get their groceries today, but we’re just getting started on our digital experience. You will help drive the vision for how our foundational experiences strengthen Instacart as a platform and earn loyal customers.
A Product Leader at Instacart has a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth. They are ultimately responsible for owning the product and leading a cross-functional team to take ideas and iteratively, bring them to life. We’d like you to have a customer-first mindset and demonstrate experience in delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, research, data science, operations, marketing, local markets, and more.
- You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for initiatives across audiences of our 4-sided marketplace, connecting customers, shoppers, retailers, and advertisers
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly
- Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 4-5 years experience as a Product Manager, at a technology company.
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (mobile, desktop, mobile web)
- Empathy; you’re able to deeply understand how customers think and have a consumer-first mindset as you build out a product roadmap
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are not power users
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.