As a member of the Catalog content team, you will join a team of analysts who serve as the primary technical point of contact for enhanced data linked to our catalog. The team’s core responsibilities are to use proprietary tools to gather secondary and non-public data to build and maintain high-quality storefronts on Instacart. You will be responsible for defining the strategy, planning, and executing critical content sourcing for future consumer product experiences. The ideal candidate is sharp, thoughtful, and a collaborative problem solver. They have a strong technical and analytical background, as well as the desire to make a significant business impact by owning and driving content sourcing strategies for major business objectives. Strength in communication and process are critical.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Owning specialized work streams for our enhanced catalog data - success will mean becoming the recognized subject matter expert in your area of responsibility
- Working with external partners to ensure content coverage and data quality
- Define and build tools/processes to improve content capture and validation
- Working on cross-functional projects with our Engineering, Business Development, and Operations teams
- Becoming an expert on Instacart’s content systems and act as a resource for other team members across the company in the diagnosis, planning, and execution of content catalog projects
- Work with product teams across the company to identify new vertical opportunities
- Sourcing quality content by contracting third party providers or through curation
- Lead the technical on-boarding of the content to our catalog
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- 1+ years experience working in e-commerce or a similar area at a consumer technology company
- Experience in e-commerce merchandising or digital product content sourcing
- Analytical mindset with comfort in SQL
- Desire to go deep into metrics and explore new ideas
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with team members at every level
- Strong passion for creating great user experiences
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.