Instacart seeks a Solution Consultant to partner with one of our key strategic Retailer Partners, based in Cincinnati, in order to solve their most complex problems.
This role requires regular travel. You will spend several days every week in Cincinnati. Additional travel to San Francisco and Toronto will also be required.
You will be working side by side with our Retailer Partners’ teams, building relationships at multiple levels, gaining a deep understanding of the Retailer Partners’ key business and technological issues, and working with cross-functional distributed Product & Engineering teams to deliver technical solutions that address identified issues. You will be working in a fast paced environment, interacting with many stakeholders from both Instacart and our Retailer Partner. You will thrive on daily opportunities to generate creative solution designs. In this role you’ll enjoy the satisfaction of being a primary technical stakeholder, a trusted expert to our Retailer Partner, and you will play a key role in advancing our Partner’s competitive position.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be embedded in our Partner’s office headquarters in Cincinnati, building relationships with both technical and business stakeholders at this key & strategic Enterprise Retail Partner
- Ensure stability of existing integrations & operational workflows in production
- Own continuous improvement initiatives intended to optimize existing operational workflows aimed at reducing negative customer experiences
- Leveraging industry best practices, recommend strategies for building sustainable competitive advantage, and work with Instacart Product,
- Design and Engineering teams to implement those strategies
- Be a technical expert on the scalable Instacart platform and external facing API’s
- Develop tools, processes and documentation with intent to scale our partnerships and continuously improve solution delivery
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Possess a strong sense of ownership
- Experience in a client-facing/consulting role
- Experience solving complex business challenges with external stakeholders
- Experience working as a Software Engineer or Architect
- Strong ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Experience with code/scripting/automation or data engineering (primarily SQL)
- Proven ability to partner effectively with Technical Project Managers
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.