We're looking for a strong leader to develop and lead a variety of critical support functions, including Escalations, Retail Support and Social Media. This is a senior role with a focus on people management and coordination across many teams and functions. The applicant should have extremely strong multi-tasking abilities while being able to understand the long-term vision and goals of the business. Those interested should be excited to lead, and able to coordinate the execution of a broad range of initiatives.
The Care team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders through direct support and scalable solutions. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process and product experience.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible for leading the strategy and execution of several critical support operations functions, including: Escalations, Retail Support and Social Media
- Lead, motivate, and develop a team of experts (team managers) across these functions to meet time-sensitive deadlines and deliver on operational KPIs
- Set up career development plans, coach managers, and develop them into outstanding people managers with strategic vision
- Create long-term strategy for achieving production KPIs (SLAs, etc.) across the support site and delivering exceptional customer support by leveraging the work of your direct reports
- Coordinate the various teams and their functions across the support site to maximize productivity and outcomes
- Identify operational risks and help improve or innovate new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible
- You'll be supporting many teams across the support site, and serving as the go to person for many key initiatives and update
- Bachelor's degree and/or 10+ years of professional experience in a high-volume and fast-paced service-industry or customer support environment
- Experience managing large teams and leading managers
- Proven ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management
- Demonstrated data/analytics experience; excel proficiency is preferred
- Strong attention to detail & project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills. Including public speaking and ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Juggling those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Thrive on change and operate flexibly. Willingness to work some weekends and occasional holidays to support a 24/7 operations environment
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies is highly advantageous.
- SQL proficiency (or desire to learn)
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.