Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
If any of the above interests you, let’s talk!
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be part of a team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for leading major initiatives around Mobile app architecture and infrastructure
- Collaboration with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- Shipping high quality solutions with urgency
- Develop and drive iOS or Android best practices across the organization
- Championing iOS or Android: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
- 10+ years of mobile engineering experience and extensive understanding of native iOS or Android app development, architecture, framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Strong expertise with Swift, Objective C, Xcode, UIKit, and iOS SDKs; and/ or Kotlin, RXJava, Dagger, and Retrofit
- Deep knowledge of various architecture patterns such as MVVM, MVC, MVP, or MVI
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work
- Proven customer facing application development, troubleshooting, deployment and application performance tuning experience
- Proven ability to build, launch and iterate on apps under pressure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is preferred
In your application, please include a short note about your background and interests, your Github username, and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set.
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.