Instacart is hiring temporary Shift Leads! This is a short-term assignment. Instacart Shift Leads are responsible for driving Instacart’s success inside the stores of our retail partners. In this role, you will exercise autonomy and use your owner-mindset to coach a team of in-store shoppers, maintain and improve in-store operations, optimizing for efficiency. You will manage day-to-day and on-the-ground operations in partnership with Operations Leadership, with a goal of delivering high-quality orders to customers in the most efficient way possible. If you are looking for a fast-paced, people-oriented, challenging and exciting place to grow your career, this is the place for you.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Onboard new shoppers and provide continuous structured guidance and support to in-store shopper team—including actionable feedback for improvement—to help them achieve individual performance goals.
- Become the expert and go-to-resource on the Instacart in-store shopping process and store layout
- Utilize existing resources, tools, and team members to quickly identify and solve any shopper, customer, or retailer issues
- Build morale in-store and foster a collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Ensure orders are fulfilled accurately and to the highest standard of quality
- Maintain in-store equipment and staging areas and proactively troubleshoot any issues with service and repair vendors
- Maintain a comfortable in-store environment so that our shoppers can focus on their work
- Enforce policies for in-store shoppers and partner with local Operations Team to ensure personnel issues are escalated properly
- Brainstorm new process improvements that will enhance the in-store shopping and customer experience
- Exemplify the highest standards of professionalism and integrity to promote the culture, values, and mission of Instacart
- This is a temporary, non-exempt role that is expected to last for a period of 90 days with potential opportunity for extension. You will be paid hourly and this role is eligible for overtime.
- You have interpersonal and communication, organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- You possess a mindset of resilience and perseverance
- You have experience and comfort with using metrics and dashboards to make decisions
- You have demonstrated poise when navigating critical conversations with peers, retailer partners, and in-store shoppers
- You have experience working with diverse teams
- You possess strong motivational and leadership skills
- You are comfortable with challenging the status quo and being proactive in developing improvements to the in-store shopping and customer experience
- You can be flexible: Shift Leads are required to report into one store; however, based on geographic locations, this might be subject to change
- You have access to reliable transportation as Shift Leads may be required to travel between stores
- You are able to deliver customer service that exceeds customer needs
- You have consistent access to and be able to effectively use a recent smartphone (iPhone 5 / Android 4.4 or newer)
- You must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up and downstairs, during shift
- You are able to consistently and reliably work 30-40 hours a week
- You are able to work regularly on weekends, including Sundays
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.