We are searching for a qualified and experienced Revenue Accountant to join out team, reporting into the Revenue Accounting Manager. This a crucial role that will assist in overseeing revenue accounting in a fast paced environment. The role provides significant growth opportunity as it encompasses day to day controllership duties as well as involvement on a number of project based initiatives. The candidate should expect to leverage current skill-sets while also focusing on learning quickly and adding value to the current processes.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Carry out month-end close activities, such as reviewing transactions, preparing manual journal entries and account reconciliations
- Detect and resolve data issues and reconciliation gaps
- Draft various account analyses under the instructions and supervision of the Senior Revenue Accountant
- Provide adequate documentation and promote a controls environment
- Assist in researching accounting guidance and documenting our position on revenue transactions
- Author accounting memos on new sales arrangements to ensure revenue recognition following company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards under ASC 606
- Assist in special projects and other duties as appropriate
- Excited about working in a high growth very dynamic company environment
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal stakeholders including senior leadership
- Consistent and appropriate sense of urgency combined with proper discretion in resolving issues
- 1+ year experience in public accounting (regional or big 4) and/or CPA
- 2-3 years general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, (Finance or Accounting preferred)
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.