Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 100 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered billions in grocery products.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
Instacart maintains the largest catalog of grocery products in the country. You will be joining our rapidly growing Catalog team - a group responsible for managing over 5 billion data points (and growing) that represent assortments from retailers from across North America.
In this role, we are looking for someone who can work with partners and develop API integrations with them. This role is part of the Catalog team which is responsible for defining how products should be represented to customers. For example, we can tell customers which cut of steak they should purchase for grilling or if a product is keto or vegan. How do we help customers discover new products to love by knowing more about what’s in the grocery store than they do? What data is needed to tailor our Catalog to a specific customer’s preferences and dietary needs? You’ll be joining a team of individuals that are passionate about answering these questions.
- A minimum of 4+ years in Product Management at a technology company
- Experience working with retailer or enterprise partners
- Experience designing developer APIs or other technical integrations
- Experience leading projects in online catalogs, warehousing or inventory related products for an e-commerce company is a plus.
- Experience with gathering, and standardizing data needed for e-commerce catalog development through both algorithmic means and scaled semi-manual techniques such as crowdsourcing, image processing, and optical character recognition (OCR) is a plus.
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Appreciation and understanding of consumer psychology and its impact on new product adoption
- Deep intuition and strong passion for developing great user experiences
- Ability to develop strong roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline. MBA a plus.
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.