This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team within Instacart focused on building the next generation of grocery fulfillment together with our retailer partners, which will be defined by dedicated e-commerce spaces that get groceries to customers more accurately and efficiently than possible with today’s methods. You will lead internal and external teams in designing and building these new facilities, leveraging cutting edge techniques and technologies such as: dark stores, micro-fulfillment, hive clusters, robotics. This is a nascent space-- as part of this initiative, we expect to be setting the U.S. standard with our brick & mortar grocery retail partners for what the future of e-commerce fulfillment looks like.
As a leader on this team, you will report to a senior executive with years of experience building innovative models of grocery fulfillment, and you will work with a variety of experts-- both internal and external-- to help chart the course that Instacart will take on this new frontier.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives to propel Instacart forward as the leader in next gen grocery fulfillment
- Build dedicated e-commerce fulfillment facilities with existing Instacart retail partners
- Identify and build partnerships with key external stakeholders who will support that growth, including technology partners, real estate experts, and retail partners. Generate insights from these partnerships that feedback into strategic roadmaps for the overall next gen initiative
- Identify and triage multiple priorities, issues, and roadblocks facing the next gen initiative using your experience leveraging data for business impact
- Define business line milestones and OKRs. Generate innovative approaches for achieving results and successfully navigating multiple, sometimes competing interests
- Serve as the primary cross-functional liaison between Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Analytics, Operations, Business Development & Finance teams
- Build and lead a high-performing team that will grow the next gen initiative from pilot status into a new division within Instacart
- 9+ years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project experience, and a track record of significant business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Corporate Strategy, GTM Strategy, Program Management, Product Management, or Management Consulting. Experience with grocery fulfillment a plus
- Experience building and managing lean teams with outsized company impact
- Comfort with both risk and ambiguity. Ability to work in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach
- Operational rigor combined with excellent business acumen, problem solving, project management, analytical skills, and negotiation skills
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.