Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 100 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered billions in grocery products.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Rewards and Loyalty program is focused on providing our retailers the ability to delight their customers and drive repeat purchases. The products you build will enable Retailers and Instacart to provide Coupons, Offers, Points, and other creative loyalty drivers to customers. Your role will be highly cross-functional, and will require partnering closely with engineers, BD, designers, data scientists, and others to build products that strengthen Instacart partnerships and help us scale.
- You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for our rewards and loyalty programs
- You will work on products for the instacart marketplace, whitelabel web solutions, native apps for retailers on iOS and Android, and API integrations
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly and enable our retailers to do the same
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to retailers
- Prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software
- Develop a team culture of ownership, teamwork, and empathy that reinforces the core values of Instacart.
- A minimum of 4+ years in a client facing role and/or as a product manager
- Proven success in a consumer rewards and loyalty surface area
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to inform and advise a diverse set of stakeholders
- A technical background and API experience strongly desired
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define, capture, and decompose relevant metrics along with knowledge on how to perform data analysis in SQL or similar
- Interest in spending time at partner locations in person
- Bachelor's or advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline
- Experience with building enterprise B2B software is a bonus
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.