In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring and driving fulfillment health across all markets in the U.S and Canada. You will develop strategies and tools to enable in-depth analysis of core metrics to ensure high levels of efficiency and quality for Shoppers, Retailer Partners, and Customers.
You will work cross functionally in a very dynamic environment, with a relentless drive for enabling continuous improvement and optimization of core metrics. The ideal candidate will have a knack for identifying unusual patterns, a keen eye for detail, and is passionate about investigating problems to determine root causes.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Analyze fluctuations and outliers in key metrics (Ex: supply/demand forecasts, efficiency, utilization, availability) and work cross-functionally to make system adjustments
- Create weekly market analyses and presentations shared across product, engineering, and data science teams to identify and reduce operational inefficiencies
- Partner with multiple product teams to provide operational guidance in launches and experiments
- Partner with data science to create and optimize processes for monitoring performance and identifying anomalies to ensure objectives are consistently met and improved upon
- Drive analysis behind tactical adjustments in ambiguous environments (e.g. weather, holidays, seasonality) required to maintain an efficient marketplace
- Provide value-added analysis, context, and support to cross-functional teams and stakeholders to continuously improve system performance, tools, and team efficiency
- Play a critical role in launch/expansion work-streams, as well as other logistics-related initiatives
- 2-3+ years experience in data analysis, business intelligence / insights, corporate strategy, or equivalent consulting experience
- Capable of quickly understanding various operational metrics and products, and how they interact
- Effective prioritization and ability to balance quality and speed in a time constrained environment
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership with a get-it-done attitude
- Ability to aggregate and synthesize large amounts of data and leverage a deep understanding of micro and macro fulfillment metrics and systems to drive insights
- Analytical mindset: able to quickly detect anomalies in performance metrics and trends, form hypothesis for investigation, and draw conclusions by conducting nuanced analysis
- Inquisitive nature: develop mastery of topics by proactively seeking answers to anticipated questions
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to lead meetings and synthesize complex topics by creating compelling narratives for various stakeholders
- Eagerness to spot inefficiencies and improve broken processes in ever-changing environment
- Ability to stay calm in dynamic, rapidly-changing environments
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Excel / GSheets for data analysis
- Proficient with Powerpoint / GSlides for effective communication
- Experience working directly with product/engineering teams on scalable process solutions
- Experience in a growing, large-scale operations environment and/or multi-sided marketplace
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram and LinkedIn
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.