We're looking for an experienced data science manager to join our Data team. You will lead a team of data scientists. Your team is responsible for leveraging data to help your stakeholders learn and make better decisions. Your stakeholders include our product teams as well as our operations and your team will be driven by having a large impact on the success these teams. You will strategically collaborate with senior product and operations leadership to achieve this.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build and lead a high-performing team of data scientists
- Work with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, design, and operations to achieve business goals
- Collaborate with other leaders to build data-informed product strategy and roadmaps
- Develop analytical frameworks and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and career mentorship for team members
- Lead and prioritize deep dives into our data to uncover new opportunities
- 5+ years work experience in a quant role at a product company
- 2+ years people management experience
- Ability to quickly understand business concepts and influence product decision making
- A desire to build and improve consumer software products
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code in Python (preferred), R, or C/C++
- Ability to run rigorous experiments and come up with scientifically sound recommendations
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.