We are seeking a highly motivated Associate to join our Procurement Operations team to help scale our sampling and procurement initiatives across North America. You will be responsible for executing, optimizing, and defining our day to day processes and policies in order to ensure high-performing procurement, distribution, and sampling initiatives. Each day you will need to make critical & sensitive decisions - acting quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail. It is important to understand that you will be operating in a very dynamic environment, which requires having a continuous improvement approach to problem solving.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Refine and develop processes that ensure efficient sourcing, supply and distribution of company-wide goods and services
- Work with cross functional partners to coordinate and refine processes, ensuring consistent supply and efficient distribution of sampling inventory across all markets
- Mitigate and triage intra-campaign operational issues, taking an analytical and data-driven approach to problem solving
- Manage inventory of business critical items through metrics-driven forecasting, ensuring zero out of stocks while minimizing financial burden
- Streamline vendor on-boarding, ensure contracts and agreements are always updated and applicable for each vendor
- Manage vendor relationships through efficient and timely purchasing while holding partners accountable
- Develop scalable processes to improve all source-to-pay strategies focusing on speed, quality and cost
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure all products/services meet internal and industry standards
- Support Field Operations teams with centralized supply procurement and distribution processes, optimizing for efficiency and growth
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot daily operational issues, approaching all facets with an analytical, data-driven mindset
- Provide feedback and process improvements to benefit the entire company
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with 1 - 3 years of relevant professional experience (procurement, purchasing, supply chain management)
- Experience managing multiple external relationships and stakeholders
- Strong communication and writing skills with attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- Interest and ability to self-serve, investigate, and get the data required to make quick and effective decisions
- Proficiency in Excel (basic knowledge of SQL is a plus) and ability to analyze data from patterns.
- Organized execution-oriented operator with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Top-notch organizational skills and comfort in analytical problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities – you will support multiple high impact initiatives at once
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
- A sense of humor -- our work is serious, but we have fun doing it!
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.