Our applications run on Ruby on Rails. We use Postgres, Elasticsearch, and Cassandra as our datastores. Memcached and Redis for caching. Kinesis for stream processing. Sidekiq for job processing. Our infrastructure is primarily hosted on AWS.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work closely with product managers, other teams, internal, external stakeholders and own a large part of the process from security problem understanding to building and shipping the solution
- Ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency
- Drive organization-wide impact
- Have a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly
- Self-motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment with a sense of ownership
- Strong knowledge of common back-end Web technologies (such as Ruby on Rails, Python, etc)
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering OR equivalent relevant work experience
- Willing and able to travel internationally based on job requirements
- Security knowledge
- Experience building backend systems at scale
- Interest or experience in distributed systems
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.