Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Brand Design Team
The Brand Design team's mission is to make Instacart one of the world's most beloved and recognizable brands. Through outstanding brand design, marketing design, and copywriting, our goal is to evolve the world's perception of our relationship to food and grocery shopping—and make sure that shines through every creative touchpoint our audiences experience.
Instacart is looking for an experienced Senior Marketing Designer to join the Brand team and drive creative for Instacart's marketing and social channels. Come build a future global brand and help us become a household name. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, storytellers, comfortable in a high-velocity startup and passionate about building the Instacart brand. A background in shipping full spectrum marketing campaigns and the gamut of marketing materials to a national and/or global audience and driving impactful results is a huge plus. This position is full-time and based in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the team to build Instacart into a world-class brand through social and multi-dimensional marketing campaigns
- Concept and create high-level ideas that communicate Instacart value props to a wide variety of audiences
- Create consistent visual designs across various platforms, including print, digital, social media ads, video, email, OOH, in-store signage, photoshoots, and co-marketing with major retail partners
- Build process with marketing and product partners to ensure quality in all aspects of creative execution
- Partner with cross-functional teams to plan, concept and design content
- Collaborate with copywriters to deliver high-quality work
- Raise the bar on content creation at Instacart by crafting compelling designs and iterating
- A portfolio of thoughtful, polished, world-class work for notable brands with mass appeal
- Clear, strategic thinking and process skills for developing brand marketing strategy
- A player/coach mentality. You’ve got senior level skills and can help your teammates get better (and vice versa)
- An ability to sell your work to non-creative stakeholders and persuade others to your point of view
- Experience working on creative for social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Organizational skills and experience building marketing systems as well as the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with data-driven stakeholders and delivering work that upholds the brand but also meets business objectives
- Experience using data, research, and insights to make brand and design decisions
- Minimum of 4 years of design experience (in-house experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (Graphic Design or a similar major is preferred)
- A thorough understanding of designing for digital platforms and expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud and/or Figma
Founded in 2012, Instacart is the leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we’re like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different, and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: To make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.