We are looking for a dynamic leader to join Instacart's Trust & Safety team to provide oversight to initiatives related to ensuring the ongoing compliance of Food Safety initiatives on the Instacart platform. This individual will focus primarily on all aspects related to food safety at Instacart: product recalls, food safety escalations, fridge/freezer temperature monitoring, alcohol delivery, Rx delivery and several more areas over the next year. They will provide oversight to a team of Associates and Specialists in executing and optimizing day to day processes to mitigate risk for shoppers, customers, and retail partners. They will work closely with our other Trust & Safety Leads to ensure success for the organization. You will be a driving force behind decisions related to our business, working with stakeholders across legal, operations, product, engineering, and finance as we push to achieve our ambitious vision.
ABOUT THE JOB
This role involves leading and executing multiple projects on the Platform team within the Trust & Safety org and will play a critical role in shaping the way Instacart thinks about and manages food safety issues across the platform, with focus in the following areas:
- Oversee day-to-day operations related to food safety workflows; ensuring high levels of efficiency, quality & execution
- Directly manage team of Associates: providing key tactical, strategic, and career guidance.
- Partner with Trust & Safety Manager to design, develop, and implement new solutions to mitigate against risk including improved real-time processes, product-based solutions and updates to policy.
- Identify process automation/improvement opportunities and work with cross-functional teams to implement initiatives
- Create & maintain detailed documentation of operational procedures
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities.
- Analyze problems logically with a focus on attention to detail and confidentiality
Given the multi-faceted nature of the function, the ideal candidate has an understanding of food safety compliance across numerous vectors. They can apply direct experience combined with a high level of business acumen to ensure that the Instacart platform operates with the highest level of integrity for our customers, shoppers, & retail partners. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses excellent time-management skills, the ability to communicate & present information effectively to stakeholders at all levels, a deep-seeded passion for continuous improvement & scalable product/process solutions, and project management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years experience in Trust & Safety, food safety, on-demand operations, management consulting, finance or data-driven project management
- Previous people management experience with proven ability to guide and grow a team
- Analytical mindset to critically analyze and consider trends and patterns in behaviors that are out of compliance (Excel is critical, SQL & Tableau preferred)
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of a fast moving business
- Team-oriented mindset and willingness to jump in to help wherever and whenever needed; you’re willing to get your hands dirty!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities.
- Passion for improving the Instacart user experience with a focus on Trust & Safety
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.