ABOUT THE JOB
This role involves leading the active management of our Fraud team within the Trust & Safety org and will play a critical role in shaping the way Instacart thinks about and manages fraud across the platform, with ownership across the following areas:
- Customer Fraud (chargebacks, incentive/coupon/promo abuse, etc)
- Shopper Fraud (incentive, payment card transaction, referral abuse, etc)
- Other (ATO, phishing, attacks)
Given the multi-faceted nature of the function, the ideal candidate has a deep understanding of Fraud across numerous vectors and can apply direct experience combined with a high level of business acumen to ensure that the Instacart platform operates with the highest level of integrity for our customers, shoppers, & retail partners and that the associated cost of fraudulent activity is kept to a minimum. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses excellent time-management skills, the ability to communicate & present information effectively to stakeholders at all levels, a deep-seeded passion for continuous improvement & scalable product/process solutions, and a very strong people management background.
- 4 - 8+ years of Fraud experience in related e-commerce / marketplace/ on-demand field
- Deep understanding of the entire chargeback workflow (sources, disputes, payment systems, bank processes, etc), as well as working knowledge of common fraud-prevention platforms and systems.
- Proven experience effectively managing multiple KPI's, projects, and initiatives in a rapidly changing environment
- Anchors on data --- extremely strong data background; highly proficient pulling/synthesizing data and identifying trends, causation, correlation, etc (high level SQL preferred)
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics and create compelling narratives for various audiences
- Direct experience managing multi-tiered teams and desire to help others learn and grow
- High level of accountability and ownership -- driven and focused self-starter
- Strategic mindset -- ability to think ahead of where the company is at now and scale teams, products, and processes to ensure business objectives are continuously met
- Ability to effectively partner with multiple levels
- Strong cross-functional partner — effectively collaborate with various business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision makers to develop data-driven policies, products, and models to improve performance across all facets of Risk
- Working ability of multiple programming languages (Python, R, etc)
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.