Are you passionate about understanding products and identifying opportunities? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics and see your work impact the customer and business? Do you love working on different parts of the product and learning lots of different things as a result? Do you care about a customer’s first experience with the product and reducing churns throughout their lifecycle?
The Area Manager drives Instacart's success alongside our partnered grocery stores by leading a team of Shoppers and Shift Leads to create and maintain the Instacart experience for our customers. You are the face of Instacart to the local retailers in your market!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead and manage a team of managers who oversee a group of Personal Shoppers to ensure flawless service delivery to our customers daily
- Own efficiency and quality metrics
- Help to drive regional growth through launching new coverage areas and shopper acquisition
- Develop and manage retail partner relationships at the local and regional level
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot daily operational issues, approaching all facets with an analytical, data-driven mindset
- Initiate and lead processes to ensure qualified applicants join our Personal Shopper team
- Support local Operations Managers and regional General Managers on special projects for continued operating efficiency and growth
- Maintain a high Emotional IQ and ability to work with, coach, and manage a diverse workforce
- Provide an operational perspective to teams at HQ including Logistics and Community Operations to ensure best practices and protocols.
- Spend up to 50% of time in the field (at retail locations)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of formal people management experience
- Background in retail, finance, consulting, operations, or a similar role at a tech company
- Strong communication skills, can effectively communicate at the corporate and retail level
- Ability to interpret data and take a quantitative approach to decision making
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment, enjoys autonomy
- Experience guiding creative solutions to complex problems
- High attention to detail and strong execution skills
- Familiarity with the tools of the trade (eg. Excel, Google Drive)
- Strong critical thinking ability in technical & non-technical issues
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
Bonus if you…
- Have advanced experience with Excel
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and/or Tableau
- Exposure to P&L ownership, finances
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.