Operations is core to Instacart’s success, and as such, our team moves fast and thrives on solving difficult problems. As a Regional Director you’ll have holistic ownership over our fulfillment operations across dozens of markets, creating amazing customer experiences and driving continuous process improvement. You’ll manage multiple high-performing teams, partner closely with Product and Business Development colleagues, and drive strategic initiatives that contribute directly to our most important company goals.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Drive strong business performance across all your regions, including financial, operating, customer experience, productivity, growth, availability, and shopper experience
- Manage, develop, and support your regional teams from our in-store shoppers all the way up to our corporate teams and General Managers
- Innovate and experiment with new processes, policies, and procedures to meet the rapidly escalating demand, exceed customer expectations, and maintain a motivated and customer-focused remote workforce of thousands of shoppers
- Translate data-based findings and on-the-ground observations into product requirements to help scale your insights across our entire network
- Lead company-wide cross-functional strategic initiatives to drive ongoing innovation, experiment with new fulfillment models, validate adjacency opportunities, and much more
- Develop deep relationships across our functions and with leadership at our partner retailers to help bring their in-store experiences to our online community
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in on-demand operations, management consulting, retail / supply chain operations, finance, or data-driven project management
- Previous experience hiring, developing, and managing multiple teams; remote teams a plus
- Experience designing and iterating on operational solutions with proven history of driving from initial idea to full-scale implementation across an existing base
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to perform complex data analysis that translates to tactical operational recommendations (Excel required, SQL preferred but not required)
- Executive communication skills with experience preparing materials and presenting to both cross-functional and C-level audiences
- Willingness to roll-up-your-sleeves and hack solutions on the fly when the perfect product might not be immediately available
- People-first management philosophy with track record of sourcing, developing, and promoting talent across multiple levels
- Comfort in a constantly evolving environment with mental agility to switch between multiple projects and prioritize as needed
- Contagious positive attitude that team members and shoppers can help but buy into
- A sense of humor -- we take our work seriously but have fun doing so!
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.