As we continue our rapid growth, we are looking to add to our Business Development team. We are hiring a Business Development Manager to create new retailer partnerships all across the U.S. In this role, you will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, identifying key potential retailers, creating relationships within the potential retailer organization, explaining key benefits to Instacart, and formalizing partnerships.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Identify, contact, and establish relationships with key retailers and their decision makers
- Negotiate and sign retailer partnerships
- Establish a deep understanding of Instacart's business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Work with cross-functional teams to accomplish goals on tight deadlines
- Work with Retail Operations team to facilitate seamless partnership transition from sales process to on-boarding
- Establish content, processes and reporting to help accelerate team goals
- Engage, educate, collaborate, and problem solve with external partners at all levels of the organization
- 5-7 years previous experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and adapt to different audiences
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Solid stakeholder management skills, both for internal and external stakeholders
- Quick communication response times
- Creative problem-solver
- 25-30% Travel
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.