Instacart’s Operations team works with tens of thousands of shoppers, developing fulfillment models, driving quality and efficiency, and ultimately providing an amazing experience for our customers. We make decisions every day that directly impact millions of grocery deliveries and the Operations Analyst sits right at the center of those critical decisions. The Operations Analyst will report directly to the Regional Director of Operations solving our most pressing problems and bringing an analytical data-driven approach to every decision that we make.
As an Operations Analyst, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational: pulling, sanitizing, and analyzing data; applying critical thinking to make recommendations, and working with partners across the Operations organization to translate those recommendations to action.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Tackle ambiguous and complex operational questions to support setting priorities that align with Instacart’s company goals
- Understand, root-cause, and explain movements in key operating metrics with recommendations to address
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our regional leadership team
- Build robust and data-driven business causes to share with cross-functional stakeholders
- Create new tools and dashboards to monitor critical business metrics and highlight opportunities for action
- Work hand-in-hand with our operators on the ground to understand obstacles, consider solutions, and ultimately incorporate feedback into final recommendations
- 3+ years of work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Banking, and Private Equity, or similar roles
- Proficient in advanced Excel, SQL, and Tableau with ability to create data visualization tools to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements and solutions
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects from start to finish in a resource-constrained environment
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
Founded in 2012, Instacart a the leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.