The Senior Analyst will strive to understand the dynamics of the marketplace through descriptive analysis and provide the Business Development team with answers on “how did the business perform?” and “why did it perform that way?”.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Build and analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues
- Develop effective data visualizations and analytical solutions that provide stakeholders access to critical metrics and insights
- Work with teams across Instacart to improve data quality on our platforms
- Work independently as the key resource for day-to-day analytic needs
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- 4+ years’ work experience in a quant role at a product company
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Strong experience with data visualization tools, preferably Tableau
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code, preferably in Python
- Ability to quickly understand business concepts and influence business decision making
- A desire to build and improve consumer software products
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart shoppers offer same-day delivery and pickup services to bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America, and are available to more than 85% of U.S. households and 70% of Canadian households. Instacart's cutting-edge enterprise technology also powers the e-commerce platforms of some of the world's biggest retail players, supporting their white-label websites, applications, and delivery solutions.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.