ABOUT THE JOB
As a member of the Expansions team, you’ll be a key part of the engine that drives the growth of Instacart. You’ll determine what new geographies we launch, work cross-functionally with our Business Development and Logistics teams to set up new markets for growth, and literally have your finger on the launch button for all our new markets. You’ll analyze how our geographic coverage, our wages, and our retailer mix will contribute to our success. You’ll also develop and refine our operational processes and decide on the right fulfillment model for each market.
This role is a unique opportunity to bring Instacart to the next 100 million customers and interact with virtually every part of our business to guarantee that we continue to be the best grocery e-commerce experience for customers, shoppers, and retailers alike. Our Manager, Expansions will help us launch grocery delivery, Pickup, Alcohol sales, and other services across North America.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with Operations, Business Development, Product, Engineering, Legal and many more to launch key initiatives (New cities, Pickup, Alcohol) that directly drive company growth
- Project manage and prioritize the intake of work from various cross functional teams
- Lead a team of coordinators on launch implementation and execution
- Influence and develop tools that focus on automation and batching of tasks. Partner with Product & Engineering on the technical build
- Identify and communicate launch risks to both technical and non-technical leaders across the business
- Apply a data-driven approach to all aspects of your work, continuously measuring impact
- 5+ years previous experience, including 1+ year in people management
- Experience building cross functional relationships across an organization and leading initiatives against a deadline
- Experience evaluating, developing and implementing process and communication improvements
- Experience leading teams solving technical & non-technical issues
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment
- Creativity in problem solving and a positive “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Proficiency in Excel
- Bachelor's degree
- Willingness to travel if needed (0-25%)
BONUS IF YOU
- Have experience with SQL and/or Tableau (or similar)
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart shoppers offer same-day delivery and pickup services to bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America, and are available to more than 85% of U.S. households and 70% of Canadian households. Instacart's cutting-edge enterprise technology also powers the e-commerce platforms of some of the world's biggest retail players, supporting their white-label websites, applications, and delivery solutions.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.