As Instacart’s rapid growth continues, we are looking to add to our Brand Partnerships team focused on partnering with leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) manufacturers to help grow their sales and share position on Instacart through advertising. We are hiring a Yield Management & Sales Operations Manager who will support team leadership in building a holistic end-to-end sales management process inclusive of building potential client targeting strategies, market sizing and segmentation, territory development, leading and lagging metric definition and reporting, and measuring team progress against goals. The role is highly cross-functional with engagement between sales leadership, company management, finance, and strategy.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with leadership to define & quantify quarterly team objectives & performance
- Manage end-to-end sales planning -- from market sizing, account segmentation, forecasting, and prospect tracking through to revenue realization
- Design, coordinate, and deliver periodic reporting to Instacart’s Brand Partnership leadership team focusing on both leading (e.g. number of contacts, number of proposals, active accounts) and lagging (e.g. bookings by advertising product, revenue, client penetration) metrics
- Oversee Instacart’s client relationship management platform
- Revenue management to help determine trade offs between in-year opportunities across ad portfolio with strategic partners (also known as yield management)
- Constantly iterate to improve reporting & associated processes
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role; sales forecasting and/or financial modelling experience required
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills. Management consulting or finance experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business & product challenges
- Strong written & verbal communication with the ability to express complex topics clearly & easily
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with many teams and multi-tasks with a sense of urgency
- An interest in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities, and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed
- Modeling capability via MS Excel
Nice to Have…
- Scenario planning and modeling capability
- Exposure to and understanding of digital advertising
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Yield management experience in digital advertising environment
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.