As a member of the Expansions team, you’ll be a key part of the engine that drives the growth of Instacart. You’ll determine what new geographies we launch, work cross-functionally with our Business Development and Logistics teams to set up new markets for growth, and literally have your finger on the launch button for all our new markets. You’ll analyze how our geographic coverage, our wages, and our retailer mix will contribute to our success. You’ll also develop and refine our operational processes and decide on the right fulfillment model for each market.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a unique opportunity to bring Instacart to the next 100 million customers and interact with virtually every part of our business to guarantee that we continue to be the best grocery e-commerce experience for customers, shoppers, and retailers alike. Our Expansions Analyst will help us launch grocery delivery, Pickup, Alcohol sales, and other services across North America.
- 3+ years of related work experience in retail management, operations management, or start-up management
- Strong communication and project management skills to direct multiple teams against a launch
- Demonstrated track record of cross-functional influence
- Agility and comfort with data to turn ambiguous situations into concrete recommendations
- Relentless hustle and willingness to do whatever it takes to drive to a successful launch
- Desire to learn and make each launch better than the last
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL as a bonus
- Bachelor's degree
- Willingness to travel if needed (0-25%)
Founded in 2012, Instacart is the leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.