Our Instacart Engineering team is seeking a Mobile Leader in our Fulfillment organization.
About our Fulfillment team: The Fulfillment Group is responsible for finding, onboarding and retaining shoppers and providing the technology tools for them to help serve our customers. Forecasting capacity and availability then delivery of millions of orders. The group consists of multiple cross-functional teams that each contribute directly to our company's goals. The product surface area includes the mobile apps for our shoppers and the logistics and routing systems that deliver the goods for our customers.
Highlights: Build intuitive, functional, and delightful mobile apps that our shoppers rely on to serve our customers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a mobile engineering team and manage the development of functional features as well as mobile infrastructure.
- You will work closely with product management and your peers and help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You are a technical manager, who will provide guidance, and support to the team, including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership and empathy that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- Deep understanding of everything related to mobile development, including troubleshooting issues, managing app store releases, and working with product and design to build new features
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 350 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.