Instacart’s Strategy & BizOps team moves fast to set direction for our organization and solve Instacart’s toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to impact a fast-growing, high-potential startup, with high visibility into Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Analytics, Operations, Business Development & Finance teams.
As a Strategy & BizOps team member, you will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Instacart’s near-term and long-term success. You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, and quality) and consider various stakeholders (customers, shoppers, advertisers, and retailers). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and-outs of a cutting-edge tech startup.
As a Strategy & BizOps Associate, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations thru to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Identify and triage key questions, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your business acumen and experience.
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our leadership team.
- Collaborate on critical operational excellence projects, turning your strategic recommendations into reality.
- Serve as an important cross-functional liaison between Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Analytics, Operations, Business Development & Finance teams.
- 2-3 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Banking, and Private Equity, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles.
- SQL experience required & highly proficient in advanced Excel.
- Data visualization tool experience a plus.
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design creative and sustainable solutions.
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects from start to finish in a resource-constrained environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently.
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.