Our digital marketing team is highly analytical, moves fast and is focused on delivering quantifiable results. In this role, you will be responsible for getting more people to shop for groceries using Instacart.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Oversee SEO content strategy and execution and growing traffic to Instacart.com
- Creating and improving world class content throughout the site (on page content, fresh content, duplicate content and canonicalization)
- Understanding keywords driving traffic to our site and own keyword research and analysis for the team. Also responsible for competitor research
- Ensuring basic on page SEO is implemented correctly - Title tags, Meta tags: Description, H1, H2, Alt, strong, bold etc
- Working with other SEO team members such as technical SEOs, analysts and link building/social media specialists as well as other content producing departments
- Acting as the Internal site-linking expert. Understanding the correct setup for Page Rank flow and using correct anchor text where appropriate.
- Explaining SEO traffic patterns and understanding all Search Engine algorithm changes. Monitoring SEO trends and staying current with latest SEO technologies
- Partner with Analytics team to conduct marketing experiments and AB tests frequently
- Prioritize initiatives with internal stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Engineering and Data Science
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Minimum 2 years in SEO
- Ability to write engaging content for both users and bots. Ability to work with other internal teams that produce content.
- Must be passionate about Search Engine Optimization and enjoy technology
- Proven ability to grow SEO for a large website. Ability to show top rankings gained or maintained for competitive keywords. Experience in the on-demand economy a plus
- Strong knowledge of search algorithms and ranking strategies.
- Knowledge of all basic SEO factors that influence results, including but not limited to: keyword research , on page content and title tag optimization, long tail keyword and content strategies, localized keyword optimization strategies, link building, indexation issues, internal linking and page rank
- Ability to generate ranking and traffic analysis reports and use tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Deepcrawl or Moz
- Analytics expertise with such tools similar to Google Search Console, Google Analytics and SQL and have the ability to produce excellent reports that explain to the business what is happening in SEO
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on judgment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.