The Instacart Engineering team is seeking a leader in our Data Engineering organization.
The Data Engineering team at Instacart is responsible for building and operating a large scale data infrastructure for the entire company. This includes data ingestion from partners, extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data, and developing and operating systems and tools that enable others to consume and understand data faster. We also work closely with leaders from across the company in Customers and Fulfillment Engineering, Data Science, Operations, and Finance to achieve important product and business goals.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a software engineering team that owns several critical components of our data infrastructure. Help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems our team builds.
- You will hire and grow your team with superior engineering talent, and coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your organization.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of engineers. 5+ years designing, building and operating large scale data systems.
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.