Instacart is seeking a talented and self-motivated Senior Litigation Counsel to join our rapidly growing legal team! You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize a dynamic and varied workload, and possess excellent judgment. You’ll also need to be proactive and engaged, able to work well cross-functionally both internally and externally, excited about technology and e-commerce, and ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into tough problems.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Active and strategic management of a wide range of complex litigation, pre-litigation matters, pre-enforcement inquiries and enforcement actions in numerous jurisdictions
- Manage all aspects of the relationship with outside counsel, including staffing, strategy, budgets, work product, and discovery
- Resolve disputes in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Create processes and procedures to help support a wide-ranging litigation portfolio
- Respond to 3rd party subpoenas for documents and/or witness testimony
- Work closely with business clients and internal teams to assess legal risks
- Thinking ahead, seeing around corners, and helping to prepare for and address issues that may create litigation risk in the future
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- J.D. from a top-tier law school and membership with at least one state bar (preferably California)
- A minimum of 8 years of experience focusing on complex litigation involving a variety of subject matters
- Trial experience preferred
- Broad base of knowledge of substantive laws and litigation strategies relating to the e-commerce space, commercial disputes, intellectual property, personal injury, and consumer legal issues
- Demonstrated success in strategizing, handling and managing complex disputes to successful resolution
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to efficiently handle and organize multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Devise legal solutions in novel ways
- Able to make quick but informed decisions and to advocate for a position
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, get into the legal nitty gritty, and the ability to exercise sound judgment when approaching novel problems without clear answers
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.