Our marketing team is highly analytical, moves fast and is focused on one thing: getting more people to shop for groceries using Instacart. We’re looking for a talented CRM Development Manager with strong technical skills to join us. You will lead the technical operations of Instacart’s notifications system, work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering and Data Science teams to execute complex personalized marketing campaigns.
You are both technical and creative. You enjoy email development and know HTML/CSS well, and you also thrive on producing a flawless design, styling padding pixel by pixel to perfection. You are a perfectionist in getting emails to render flawlessly across multiple email clients. You’ve worked with personalization templating languages before (eg. Liquid, Handlebars or Jinja), and enjoy building personalized emails, push notifications, and experiences for users.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Go-to resource for technical implementation of a complex email program with lifecycle campaigns, batched adhoc sends, and personalized push notifications
- Build flawlessly rendering emails via HTML, CSS and templating languages.
- Coordination of email automations and journeys, including planning, asset gathering, building, approvals, scheduling, QA, and execution of test sends and deployments
- Work closely with our strategic marketing and CRM teams, as well as our in-house creative team in planning, developing and implementing marketing campaigns
- Partner with CRM Engagement Managers to maintain the performance and health of the push and email channels with regard to audience segmentation, send times, list hygiene, and deliverability
- Tracking and reporting on email campaigns in order to guide improvements and ensure current email best practices in the industry are being followed
- Act as CRM technical liaison between teams like Product, Design, and Engineering to improve marketing operations and and efficiently scale the notifications program
- Setup A/B tests and complex multivariate experiments to understand impact and uncover new insights
- Champion and implement production quality front-end code with an eye toward performance, and accessibility
- Champion innovation and best-practices in development and workflow processes.
- 3+ years of experience producing and building cross-channel email and push campaigns using marketing automation platforms such as ExactTarget, Braze, Iterable or Responsys.
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with coding text-based and image-based email templates
- Working knowledge of design systems
- Extensive experience with responsive email coding and best practices
- Experience troubleshooting cross-platform email-rendering issues and finding code solutions
- Track record of executing with attention to detail in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment
- Highly organized and autonomous, but also able to collaborate and work cross-functionally to problem solve and drive projects to completion
- You’ve worked with templating languages before, like Liquid, Handlebars or Jinja
- You have experience building experiences with deeplink technologies such as Branch
- Experience with APIs and webhooks
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.