The Instacart Care Instructional Designer will partner across the care organization to create learning solutions resulting in improved Customer Experience, overall Cost Reduction and increased Employee Engagement. Through a combination of adult learning principles, technology and creativity this role will increase learner speed to proficiency while developing core skills throughout the Care organization.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with internal organizations to develop training content for new releases and policy/procedure updates.
- Develop content for use with our domestic and international call center partners.
- Partner with training facilitators to streamline learning content for ILT courses.
- Build or integrate web-based learning resources – LMS and LMS-integrated tools; productivity software; web conferencing tools; websites, blogs, and other web applications – into face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses
- Work individually and collaboratively to meet deadlines and expectations set for course and program design projects
- Analyze training needs including task, audience, and content analysis
- Develops and updates instructor-led materials (participant and facilitator guides), develops interactive exercises and creates evaluation measures to ensure learning and transfer of concepts are taking place.
- Create and analyze skill/knowledge tests and surveys
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies related to learning solutions development and instructional design
- Ensures continuity and alignment of the training curriculum (i.e.; Corporate values, branding, leadership concepts/models, business strategies, etc.)
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated proficiency using Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Google Suite and a variety of learning management systems
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates professional-level ability in line with experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Technical Communications, Education, or related field
- Exceptional technical aptitude in Mac environments and ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology
- Experience working as an instructional designer in a corporate setting
- Advanced knowledge of instructional design principles and pedagogies applicable to online learning
- Experience building modules and courses within learning management systems
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.