The Instacart Care Social Media Team supports our customers, shoppers, retailers, and internal stakeholders through direct, scalable customer service best practices and technology. We are a service-oriented and analytics-driven team that works diligently to delight our community, improve performance, and scale through better automation, process, and product solutions.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about delivering the best customer experience, has a strong sense of empathy, and can help drive exceptional customer service by helping customers reach out to Instacart through social media for assistance. Our team consists of customer support professionals dedicated to supporting customers across multiple social media channels.
As a team lead, you will mentor, coach, supervise, and oversee daily performance for a team of 10-14 frontline Care Social Specialists. You will interact with leadership and internal stakeholders to implement and measure process innovation and operational excellence.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage, coach, and motivate a team of high-performing Care Social Specialists
- Provide individual coaching feedback sessions
- Monitor and mitigate real time service levels and schedule adherence
- Own overall performance and established metrics of your team
- Leverage data/analysis to proactively identify problems and risks
- Develop and expand expertise of team members
- Serve as a key point of contact to handle sensitive escalations
- Think strategically about social media response processes and improvements
- Assist management in development and implementation of leadership directives
- BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, social media, or related discipline, or equivalent experience and demonstrated expertise
- 3+ years in social media customer or brand messaging
- 3+ years experience working in scaled support and/or complex operations environment
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of leadership
- Strong communication skills, with a priority on writing for social media and ability to translate processes and technical information into clear, useful, simple language
- Proficient with contact center tools such as workforce management, CRM (Zendesk Guide, Salesforce), quality assurance, ticketing systems
- Proficient in a social customer experience management platform such as Khoros, HootSuite, Sprout Social, Salesforce Social, and Zendesk Social
- Deep passion for customer support and operational excellence
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfortable working autonomously on complex problems
- Experience creating project plans and executing them to completion
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.