The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team at Instacart helps other Engineering teams improve the reliability, security, resilience, and performance of the services they own. SREs use their expertise in how Instacart Infrastructure works to ensure other teams are getting maximum leverage from it. SRE also owns several of the processes (and related tooling) that contribute to reliability, including how we run incidents (and how we learn from them), how we make infrastructure changes safely, and how we ensure adequate capacity for future needs.
SRE is a new team at Instacart - this is an opportunity to define, build, evangelize, and optimize our SRE practices!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build and lead a diverse team of world-class SREs
- Define standard practices and build tooling around incidents, postmortems, changes, and capacity and work with other Engineering teams to help them adopt these practices to improve their services
- Work with other teams around Engineering to understand their systems and their challenges and identify how they can better leverage Instacart Infrastructure
- Build, prioritize, communicate, and drive the roadmap for your team
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for your team and others
- Grow and develop the individuals on your team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of engineers
- You have led an Infrastructure or SRE team in a production operations context
- You have experience solving infrastructure problems with software
- You can recruit, hire, and build a team
- You have a big-picture perspective on systems and tools
- You can collaborate with other Engineering teams to understand their systems and help to improve them
- You have strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, and reliability practices
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 350 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.