Instacart Site Managers own multiple stores in a particular area and are critical to the success of our business. As a site manager, you are responsible for maintaining strong relationships with our retail partners, managing the entire shopper lifecycle from hiring to onboarding and performance management, and being the connective glue between on-the-ground operations and HQ. This is a unique role, as Site Managers are both true members of the corporate team while also maintaining day to day interaction with our incredible group of in-store shoppers. If you are seeking a career where you have high impact and ownership, autonomy, and room to grow, then this is the job for you.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Oversee the in-store shopper hiring process, including onboarding setup, oversight, and applicant communication.
- Facilitate in-store shopper training, coaching, and shadowing
- Promote our company values and cultivate a positive work environment for Instacart in-store staff, retailer partner store staff, and in-store customers
- Provide guidance and support to our in-store Shift Leads
- Assist with special projects such as new store launch initiatives or new geography launches
- Identify performance improvement plans for underperforming in-store shoppers, which includes recommending terminations when needed
- Proactively develop improvements to in-store shopping processes across multiple stores
- Oversee and ensure that orders are accurately and efficiently fulfilled
- Communicate promptly with necessary details to the local Instacart Operations Team regarding issues that may arise in-store and provide recommendations for resolutions
- Oversee Instacart staging area(s) to ensure operational efficiency and professional appearance
- Partner with local Instacart Operations Team resources to ensure important personnel issues are escalated properly
- Brainstorm new process improvements that will enhance customer experience
- Act quickly and respond to issues that arise with shoppers, customers, and our retail partners
- Excellent talent evaluation skills to vet and select the next generation of Instacart in-store shoppers
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills, ability to develop deep and trusting relationships
- Demonstrated poise with navigating critical conversations with peers, retailer partners, and in-store shoppers
- Proven ability as a teacher and coach to develop great in-store shoppers
- Willing to engage in difficult or sensitive conversations with in-store shoppers and retail partners
- Identify plans for underperforming in-store shoppers, which include recommendations for performance management and terminations.
- Creative problem-solving skills and comfort with operating within a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Ability to prioritize time and operate autonomously and without on-site supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication to share the highest priority items with your manager
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, with the desire to continuously improve
- Computer literacy and tech-savviness; ability to learn and deploy new technical tools
- Have consistent access to and be able to effectively use a recent smartphone (iPhone 5 / Android 4.4 or newer)
- Flexibility to work in different stores and different environments when needed
- Grit: the willingness to do whatever it takes to solve for the customer
- Pride of ownership to put your name next to your stores' performance
- Geographic and Schedule flexibility - Site Managers may be required to visit multiple stores in a single day and may be required to travel to other regions on an ad hoc basis
- Lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift
- Remain standing or walking, including up and down stairs, during shift
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.