The Cloud Foundations team at Instacart owns all of the foundational infrastructure that other Engineering teams use to run their services, including our public cloud providers, our edge and ingress systems, secrets management, and observability, along with IAM and our Infrastructure as Code model. We also provide the tooling for ongoing economic analysis and optimization of our cloud spend. Instacart is a cloud-native company so this team’s work is at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for experienced infrastructure engineers who want to solve problems with software and build the best possible foundation for Instacart’s critical services!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support critical Instacart services
- Support and extend our public cloud infrastructure and build tooling to help other teams around Engineering more easily consume and manage their public cloud resources
- Support and extend our processes and tooling for Infrastructure as Code
- Manage our security and permissions models as they apply to public cloud resources
- Support and extend our observability stack that provides Engineering teams with the visibility they need to manager their services successfully
- You have 5+ years of experience in an Infrastructure or SRE role in a production operations context on a public cloud foundation
- You have experience solving infrastructure problems with software
- You have experience in a cloud-native environment using Infrastructure as Code
- You’ve built and run systems for high availability and resilience
- You have strong technical knowledge of public cloud infrastructure in general (and AWS in specific), distributed systems, and reliability practices
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.