As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our Business Development team. We are hiring a Senior Manager, Retail Sales to manage Instacart’s enterprise sales process and run a team that supports those efforts. In this role, you will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, identifying strategic categories and retail partners for Instacart to work with, building our sales strategy around these efforts, developing your team, driving key business insights and recommending scalable sales strategies, managing client needs, up-selling new offerings and opportunities, and keeping the Instacart executive team apprised of progress.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Own senior-level executive relationships at retail partners; build relationships in partners’ organizations
- Achieve and maintain high client satisfaction within Instacart
- Manage a team responsible for building relationships with select external Instacart retail partners
- Manage and drive the enterprise sales process across the team
- Collaborate with senior management on developing strategic plans to meet retail partners’ needs, setting the foundation for a long-lasting partnership
- Establish a deep understanding of Instacart's business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to guide our strategic selling and accomplish goals on tight deadlines
- Perform data analysis to drive key business insights, scalable sales strategies, and detailed execution plans
- Engage, educate, collaborate, and problem solve with external partners at all levels of the organization
- 8+ years previous experience; MBA preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues
- Demonstrated performance building & managing a team
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Solid stakeholder management skills, both for internal and external stakeholders
- Quick communication response times
- Ability to manage across functions and present to leadership
- Creative problem-solver
- Positive, energetic, and influential relationship builder
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.