We are seeking a Senior Manager, Global Indirect Tax to join our Finance team and support our indirect tax function. This candidate should expect to work in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively on large cross-functional projects, and build trusting relationships across the business.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage external service providers on all global indirect tax compliance, including US sales & use, Canadian HST/GST, gross receipts, property tax, and business licenses to ensure timely accurate reporting and remittance
- Support the tax technology roadmap, including implementation of indirect tax compliance solutions and developing scalable solutions to drive efficiencies
- Work cross-functionally to provide clear, consistent and comprehensive tax requirements and guidance to support product launches, customer engagement and new system capabilities
- Monitor changes in indirect tax legislation and advise on considerations, implications and risk to the business
- Manage indirect tax audits and inquiries from tax authorities
- Prepare technical memorandums on technical issues and positions
- Develop procedures and review monthly indirect tax account reconciliations, working closely with Treasury, Legal, AP, and GL teams
- 12+ years of indirect tax technical experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA/JD
- Strong technical expertise in and understanding of Multistate tax legislation and e-commerce experience, a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Experience interacting effectively with external service providers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with a focus on scalable technology solutions
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.