We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our Finance team and support our income tax and provision function. This candidate should expect to work in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively across teams, and expect to build processes for scalability and success.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Support income tax provision process as part of annual financial statement audit, prepared by external service providers
- Ensure that federal and state tax returns and related payments are accurately computed and submitted timely
- Plan and manage relationships with external tax advisors and global income tax compliance vendors, determine the scope of their work, and review deliverables
- Prepare technical documentation on tax research, estimates and recommendations to advise the business.
- Own communications with the IRS and state tax authorities
- Support new business and department initiatives through participation or leadership of cross-functional teams, and management of enterprise projects as it relates to income tax
- Prepare monthly and quarterly accruals and account reconciliations
- Lead tax-related special projects, such as R&D tax credit and 382 studies
- Support the tax technology roadmap, including implementation of OneSource Provision and developing scalable solutions to drive efficiencies
- Monitor changes in corporate tax legislation and provide support on considerations, implications and risk to the business
- 6+ years of provision and income tax experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Driven to solve problems with technology rather than effort
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Experience interacting effectively with external service providers
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.