The Ads Measurement team is responsible for accurate, low latency data infrastructure systems for the Ads org. This includes managing our ads data pipeline, online data stores, and creating insights that allow our advertisers to optimize their marketing spend, as well as providing real-time signals necessary to run our ads delivery system.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a team of engineers working primarily in Python and Go
- Provide technical guidance and support to the team, including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds
- Prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software
- Collaborate with the downstream consumers of your systems and data stores, including other Ads teams and Finance
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building data pipelines
- Experience with ads is a plus, but not a requirement
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.