The mission of the Ads Formats team is to help the trillion dollar grocery industry move its marketing online with ads that engage customers and drive value for brands, throughout the Instacart shopping experience. This means great UIs across mobile and web plus the backend systems required to support those experiences and instantly adapt to the customer / store / stock-level. You will be building the future of how people interact with advertising in the relatively new online grocery space, touching many different technologies.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a team of full stack engineers (Rails, iOS, Android, web front-end, Go) focusing on ad formats and their integration with the Instacart consumer experience
- You will partner with many teams across both the Ads and Customers organizations in order to ultimately create great ad solutions
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- A strong understanding of engineering systems and experience with full-stack development
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions while improving the overall organization’s impact
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.