Our Instacart Engineering team is seeking a Director for our Enterprise E-Commerce Platform. This individual will manage the teams that make up the core of the retailer white-label e-commerce experience such as cart, checkout, order management and payments.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will own one or more business-critical systems, and working closely with cross-functional partners will participate in developing the engineering vision and roadmaps for your organization.
- You will manage multiple multidisciplinary teams including other engineering managers and be responsible for your organization's productivity, operational excellence and business impact.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code reviews.
- You will hire and grow your teams with superior engineering talent, and coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your organization.
- You will directly assist senior engineering leaders in decision making for the broader engineering organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of people management experience, including 5+ years managing other managers
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience in building and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.