At Instacart, we use machine learning and internet scale data to elevate customer experience, improve efficiency and reduce cost in e-commerce, advertising, and fulfillment. For example, we build large, distributed machine learning models for personalization and recommendation. We're looking for experienced system and infrastructure engineers with background in building ML platforms to join our fast-moving team.
ABOUT THE JOB
There is tremendous opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
- You will design solutions for machine learning infrastructure that will support the current and future needs of our business.
- You will apply your system software engineering skills and machine learning knowledge to build scalable and easy-to-use machine learning workflows to improve the scalability and efficiency in launching machine learning solutions.
- You will enable machine learning teams to perform scalable training, evaluation, and inference in the cloud and in client-side infrastructure.
- You will enable software engineers across the company to use machine learning solutions in their work.
- You will work closely with related teams, including Search, Ads, Personalization & Recommendation, Catalog, etc. You will have tremendous ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- Background in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of industry experience building ML infrastructure at scale.
- Proficient in Python or C++. Experience writing and maintaining high-quality production code.
- Knowledge of machine learning (particularly hyperparameter tuning and debugging).
- Experience serving models using a variety of ML model frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch, Sci-kit Learn, etc.
- Experience using AWS to build data-intensive infrastructure.
- Experience building platforms around publicly available ML platforms like Sagemaker, Kubeflow, MLflow, Horovod, etc.
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.