At Instacart, we manage catalog data imported from many retailers. We build product and knowledge graphs on top of the catalog data to support a wide range of applications including search and ads. It is fair to say that knowledge graphs are at the core of the e-commerce business. We're looking for experienced applied scientists and ML engineers to join our fast-moving team to work on knowledge bases to improve customer experience.
ABOUT THE JOB
There is tremendous opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
- You will work closely with related teams, including Search, Ads, Catalog, Fraud Detection & Prevention, etc. You will have tremendous ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- You will be an active member of an internal community, including data engineers, data analysts, machine learning engineers, taxonomists, and economists sharing learnings, best practices and research across many domains.
- You will have the opportunities to work with academia through Ph.D. interns and faculties under joint research programs, and also publish in knowledge graph and other related domains.
- You will work on using data management, machine learning, and statistical inferencing techniques to solve problems of data integration and data quality for e-commerce catalog data.
- You will use theories of concepts and ontologies, natural language processing, graph algorithms, and information extraction techniques to create knowledge graphs and its supporting infrastructure.
- A graduate degree in computer science.
- 4+ years of academic or industry experience in knowledge graphs, data management, natural language processing.
- Strong programming skills (Python, C++) and data engineering skills (SQL, Pandas).
- Background in graph algorithms, and machine learning (e.g., XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow).
- An ability to identify and prioritize high-impact problems and deliver solutions that provide reasonable trade-offs between urgency and quality.
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.