As a Sales Engineer at Instacart, you will be a key member of the team selling our unique combination of products and services directly to the largest retailers in North America. You will lead consultative, technical-focused discussions with external and internal audiences in support of new partnerships, implementations and integrations. The role will require you to collaborate with a wide range of cross-functional teams to gain a holistic understanding of Instacart's technical capabilities to successfully support your day-to-day responsibilities.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work closely with Business Development team to develop and implement strategies to influence greater adoption of Instacart products and services
- Prepare for and lead technical discussions with teams ranging from executive level business stakeholders to engineers/developers, with the ability to tailor relevant content for the wide range of audience
- Gain a deep understand of the ever-changing Instacart eco-system to successfully provide consultative services to partners and business stakeholders
- Continually build technical knowledge and capabilities by interfacing with Instacart’s product and engineering teams as you will represent both to customers and business teams
- Provide technical leadership for partners on implementation strategy and initial scoping of new integrations
- Work directly with Solutions Delivery team to ensure smooth handoff of implementation scope and plans to ensure successful implementations
- Learn internal processes and requirements to ensure these are accounted for during early stages of scoping
- Identify new opportunities from discussions with potential customers and market trends and provide feedback to Product teams to ensure we are building the right products for the market
- Create and maintain technical sales material to scale sales process
- Manage multiple work streams across multiple customers
- Strong experiences selling API products and solutioning/scoping integrations into client’s unique e-commerce environments
- Proven experience developing and owning technical presentations and communications designed for stakeholders ranging from Executive-level contacts to Implementation Engineers
- 3+ years of previous working experience in a similar role
- Experience collaborating closely with cross functional teams across Business Development, Engineering and Product
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to balance complex technical concepts with business values
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Some travel required
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.