At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the hundreds of thousands of consumers we deliver groceries and to the many leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) advertisers that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart’s Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform.
We are hiring a Sales Operations Manager who will support team leadership in building a comprehensive end-to-end sales management process inclusive of market sizing and segmentation, sales territory development, leading and lagging metric definition and reporting, measuring team progress against goals, building new revenue management capabilities, and sizing new product opportunities in partnership with leadership. The role is highly cross-functional with engagement between sales leadership, company management, finance, and strategy.
Your day to day…
- Partner with sales leadership to define & quantify quarterly team objectives & performance
- Manage end-to-end sales planning -- from market sizing, account segmentation, forecasting, and prospect tracking through to revenue realization
- Design, coordinate, and deliver periodic reporting to Instacart’s Brand Partnership leadership team focusing on both leading and lagging metrics
- Oversee Instacart’s client relationship management platform
- Revenue management to help determine trade offs between in-year opportunities across ad portfolio with strategic partners (also known as yield management)
- Identify & size new go-to-market opportunities in partnership with sales leadership
- Constantly iterate to improve reporting & associated processes
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles. Experience with digital advertising is a plus.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills. Sales forecasting and/or financial modelling experience in MS Excel required.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business & product challenges
- Strong written & verbal communication with the ability to express complex topics clearly & easily
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with many teams and multi-tasks with a sense of urgency
- An interest in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities, and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed
Nice to Have…
- Exposure to and understanding of digital advertising
- Experience working closely with a distributed sales team
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Tableau
- Yield management experience in digital advertising environment
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.